Matthew Alan Gunter was elected on the second ballot during the 139th Annual Diocesan Convention on October 19th at St. Paul’s Cathedral, Fond du Lac. The ordination and consecration is scheduled for 11:00a.m., Saturday, April 26th, 2014 at the facilities of Appleton Alliance Church. A successful consent process has occured.
- The January 2014 Clarion shared about Bishop-Elect Gunter.
- A 32 page election booklet provided details about each candidate and a variety of responses to questions asked as part of the discernment process.
- A diocesan profile was prepared during the search process. It can be viewed here.
The Transition Committee continues to function following the election. This committee is now responsible for support of bishop-elect, spouse and family as well as the scheduled ordination and consecration. Two sub-committees continue the work.
- Ordination and Consecration - Task Leader, The Rev. Dcn. Michele Whitford.
11:00.a.m, Saturday, April 26, 2014, God willing, at the facilities of Appleton Alliance Church..
- Support of the Bishop-Elect - Task Leaders, Anne Peterson and Carol Gottard.
Transition Committee members include the Rev. Ralph Osborne (Chair), St. Thomas, Menasha; Kathy Bidwell, St. Mark's, Waupaca; the Very Rev. Brian Beno, St. Paul's Cathedral, Fond du Lac; Terry Hansen-Beno, St. Paul's Cathedral, Fond du Lac; Jane Carter, St. Paul's Cathedral, Fond du Lac; Carol Gottard, St. Ambrose, Antigo; the Rev. Tom McApline, St. Peter's, Ripon; the Rev. Dcn. Sandy Muinde, Trinity, Oshkosh; Anne Peterson, St. Thomas, Menasha; Jim Sachs, Intercession, Stevens Point; Anne Schuette, St. James, Manitowoc and the Rev. Dcn Michele Whitford, Grace, Sheboygan. Standing Committee liaisons are Mrs. Nancy Kuhn, St. Peter's, Ripon and Mr. David Lange, St. Anne's, De Pere.